Friday, June 11, 2010

The kids - a moment to vent

So, after much debate and some soul searching I have realized that having kids 2 years apart is in fact a very harrowing experience!!! As angelic as they are they are equally terrorizing, as sweet and loving and charming as they can be often the other little "devil" shows up. The impulse control that we as adults try to keep in check, they just don't have. There simply is no real thought for the consequence. I read recently in the book Women food and god by Geneen Roth that the subconscious mind is fully aware of right and wrong by the age of 4, that "the voice" as she calls it is fully in tact and working on helping our wee ones make good moral decisions. My question is if that is true then why does my four yr old precious darling think it's a good idea to beat his brother when my back is turned? Or colour on the wall when I'm in the laundry room? Is he just testing me? just wondering how and what I'll do? wondering if what I say actually stands or if he really can get away with anything he tries!!! To me that seems as though someone is trying to usurp the throne, lead the pack, be the boss and I'm fairly sure that actually given said task he would not enjoy it :) Yes I think that there are enough peas in my pod for now...... Someday in the future there will be more; but for now I'm still learning to be the leader of my pack with the dignity and grace that I see in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment